Monday, October 6, 2008

QUIKUTZ CARDS and KORIN'S CHALLENGE





This weekend, my friend Joy came over with a pack of supplies to make a card. The package was filled with several Quikutz Animals, 4 different sheets of patterned paper, and an assortment of baby boy colors of cardstock. The mission was to create a card with WOW factor for her daughter's Baby Shower Invitations...

She wanted a LONG card - so I made this one... What do you think? Does it have the WOW factor?









On World Card Making Day, Korin gave us this sketch challenge. It's not your typical card, however, it is a tri-fold card. You can see her sample here. My card base measures 5.5"x11" and scored it lengthwise at 3.75" and again at 8" and folded it so I had two flaps to open, one on each side.


Add to the Christi's challenge of Paper Piecing and I was able to do three things at once! WOOHOO! And who said you lose brain power when you are multi tasking? LOL






Here is Korin's sketch.



Here is another sample for Joy to use as some inspiration...

What do you think? Does it have the *WOW* factor?


She wanted me to use the monkey and the giraffe on the front of the card, but I couldn't get it to look balanced, so I thought the tri-fold card would be perfect for this...







This is the front of the card...




Then you open it to see the cute little giraffe...














Then you open the card all of the way and you see the invitation...










Thank you for stopping by! If you participated in my World Card Making Day Challenge, post your card to SCS by tonight at 9 p.m. EST time using the Code SNSEC02 along with a comment on the BLOG CANDY post with a link to your project, mentioning my blog and challenge for an opportunity to win your choice of stamp sets! Then make a comment here too!

I will be posting the WINNER by 10 pm EST (9:00 p.m. Central) time! Have a great day!

10 comments:

Lisa Cox said...

WOW Chris. These cards are great. Wonder which one she will like the best. I can't chose. There both so CUTE:)

Great Job. I like the layout of 2nd one. Its really pretty:)

Let us know which ones she picks:)

Debby said...

I think they are both good. Guess it depends on how much work you want to put into the cards and how many you have to make. The first one would take less time, the second one more. Just depends on the amount of time to get them done and how many needs to be done.
Angel hugs
Debby

Anonymous said...

Oh yes Chris - a definite WOW. I love them both. Adorable.

Kathy

Ceal said...

They both have a WOW factor! I love them great job Chris!

PaperAddictJenn said...

My favorite is the first card you posted. That quickuts money is so cute--definitely wow! To answer your question on my blog, I am defintely a mentee, not a mentor. Dr. Joneal Kirby who lives in my town developed the program we are using. I'm positive it will go nationwide very soon. Thanks for asking!

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh! Those are super fantastic! I love your special fold card!

Courtney said...

OH! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THESE!

Unknown said...

I agree depending on how much work you wanna do, but I love the tri fold

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous! You did a great job with the sketch. You got my "wow". :).

Kerry D-C said...

hmmm...I was ear last week admiring these cards...why did I not leave comments?! These are SO cute!! what a charming little monkey!