Friday, October 10, 2008

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE 68

This week's Bloggers Challenge was a FUN one. I enjoyed it a lot. Actually, I enjoy all of the challenges, but some of them I enjoy more. Make sense? LOL

Yesterday, I was coloring some images for another project I am working on and had colored my Pointsettia Wreath for that project. As I sat down to look at the Inspiration Bloggers Challenge this card immediately popped into my head. So I quick grabbed my things and put this card together.


In between making this creation, my children are learning about volcanoes in Science - so they made one and I had to go watch it explode. I will share pictures and details on a later post. But that was fun for my children to build and fun to watch too.

Here are the details of my project:
Stamp Set: Christmas Pointsettia - available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps -
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red DP
Accessories: COPICS, Black grosgrain, Dimensionals, Dew Drops, Mini Glue Dots, 1/4 inch circle punch, Nestibilities, Lg Oval Punch, 1 3/8, 1 1/2 Circle Punch,
Copics: YG99, G24, R59, R81, R85
Be sure to check out the Bloggers Challenge Link and everyone elses creations on this Inspiration Challenge! If you'd like to play along with this weeks challenge, simply leave a link to your creation on HERE, or if uploading to SCS, use keyword BC68

Have a great weekend!

26 comments:

Barbara said...

Pretty!...a little non-traditional for a Christmas card (don't usually think of adding black!), but it definitely works! Lovely card that anyone would be pleased to receive.

Dani said...

This is gorgeous! Fabulous job! And thank you for the inspirational post yesterday. Had me thinking. :)

Selene Kempton said...

I love what you did with this challenge! Just the right balance. Love it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Chris this looks fantastic in these colors. What a great Christmas card and such a striking layout too.

Ida said...

Way to think "out of the box" by using this for a Christmas card. Love the various patterns on this card.

Patti Chesky said...

Love the layout!! Not a traditional Christmas card, but a beautiful one, nonetheless!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Chris! What a fabulous layout! Great job with this week's challenge! :D

Unknown said...

Loverly card with all the layers and the colors wow!

Lisa Cox said...

that is beautiful Chris!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so pretty! And come on, how many of us can say that we actually designed the stamp set we used?! ;) Impressive, great job! And I hope the volcano wasn't too messy! :)

Nikki Bond said...

So pretty! I like to see that someone else took a Christmas theme with this! Gorgeous! {SMILEs}

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Oh very pretty! love the pattern papers.

Lisa Bohler said...

Oh so very pretty! You truly took the inspiration and went one more step with it! Beautiful!

Ceal said...

Chris
This is gorgeous, SO pretty!
still lifting you up!

Joan Ervin said...

This is gorgeous, Chrissy...I love your beautifully colored wreath and the wonderful colors and papers. I can't wait for my set to arrive!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the stamps you chose for this weeks challenge.

Lori said...

So pretty. Great take on the inspiration piece!

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh...you made the inspiration piece into a Christmas card...that is GREAT!

Kristen said...

I LOVE this. I love all your pattern paper, the wreath and Layout. Perfect!

MJ said...

Just beautiful. Love the layout.

Kathy W said...

wow, I would have never thought of the color combo for Christmas- clever girl!

Kerry D-C said...

ooooooooh....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....so pretty!! Great job! I hope the volcano exploded OUTSIDE. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

beautiful Christmas card!

Unknown said...

That's the perfect card for this challenge! I love it!

Connie Babbert said...

VERY pretty! Love that poinsettia wreath!

Anita Van Hal said...

this is just beautiful! so many pretty elements! thanks for sharing!