Wednesday, October 29, 2008

DAY 3 BLOG HOP! BELLI CHALLENGE #40 - THANKSGIVING THEME




What is the Belli Challenge you ask?



Each week, I try to give us a challenge that will use things we have lying around our stamp rooms! With a constant flow of new things coming out, I tend to forget about the other things I have and they quickly become clutter!


This weeks, Belli Challenge is to use anything with a THANKSGIVING theme! Turkeys, pumpkins, foodwise, decorations...if it has to do with Thanksgiving - that is your theme!!!


Here is what you need to do. Make a completed project embellishing your work with your Thanksgiving themes. Share the link here in the comments linking to my Blog and CBC40. When you post to Splitcoaststampers or to your Blog, be sure and put CBC40 as the KEYWORD and mention of the challenge - with a link! I will do a random drawing for all participants and have a special pack of assorted Designer Papers for the winner! Last weeks winner is Liz Miller, you can see her FABULOUS creation HERE.



With it being BLOG HOP week, I wanted to use some of the new stamp sets...but there was ONE problem! They are all a WINTER theme! So I had to improvise...what is the improvisation you ask? Well...see the sled on my card? On the stamp set, it has a little girl riding along on it....soooo I stamped the sled, and cut the girl off. Then stamped the turkey from Turkey Day and colored him, cut him in half and around all of the edges... then cut his little leg off to make him look like his body was facing UP!



This is what I used for my project... I am REALLY LOVING the NEW Winter Fun stamp set!


Stamp Sets: Turkey Day, Ellie & Friends, Winter Fun by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Cardstock and Ink: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Black Brilliance,

Accessories: Copics, Pewter Hodgepodge, Stardust Stickles, White Gel Pen, Paper Snips, Red and White Striped Ribbon


Be sure to check out the FABULOUS Belli Challenge Design Team's creations!!!
Be sure to check out what everyone else has made and make a comment too for them please! We all LOVE comments. It is fun to see what ya'll think of the work we share!
Do NOT forget about the BLOG HOP! Today we are going to HOP on over to Michele & Sandy 's Blog - you may even want to check out the other Design Team's Blogs because some of them may be participating every day!

I am going on a Scrapbook weekend, AND I am taking my computer, so I can continue sharing projects AND be at the Release Party! Thank you for stopping by! Have a FABULOUS day!

Chrissy D

29 comments:

Sandy said...

Fantastic card! Fantastic imagination! and Fantastic use of a few SNSS sets all together! I LOVE your card! It's so very fun and comical.

Courtney said...

bbwwwwhhhaaahahhahahahahah! You're too much, girl!

Crystal said...

lol!! I love it!! Awesome card and I love the glitter!

Lorie said...

This card is completely great! Not only is it funny but it shows excellent creativity on your part!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is soooo cute!!! You make me laugh.

Anita said...

Wow! I love how you put the turkey on the sled. I want this set.

Danita said...

Chris, You CRACK ME UP!!! Awesome creativity on your part!!! I love it!!! Great job Chrissy D!!!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

heehee!!! Love it Chris, that turkey is awesome!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

I made a card for your challenge and posted the information link to your blog in the description on SCS. Thanks for the challenge, sure was a good one!

Barb Gault

Dani said...

LOL!!! That is hilarious! Fabulous job on your card!

Joan Ervin said...

Heeheehee!!!That poor turkey...hope he finds some way to escape!!! I love the fun little Thanksgiving scene you created, Chrissy,....love the images and your coloring is gorgeous!!!

Debby said...

I just love this card. Great job on thinking out of the box. Wonderful job on coloring, layout and all. Poor turkey! LOL
Angel hugs
Debby

Unknown said...

WOW I was thinking it has to be snowing somewhere for Thanksging why not? Awesome use of the winter stamps!

Rochelle W said...

Super cute Chris!!!

Donna Baker said...

lol - what a fun card!!

Kathy W said...

you are a riot! lol- cracking me up.

Liz's Lovelies said...

That card is so fun.
I went with pumpkins, here it is
http://lizslovelies.blogspot.com/2008/10/belli-challenge-thanksgiving-theme.html
Wow I won, thanks Chris!

Amy Macak said...

very cute card Chris! I'm not that creative
Amy
Ajmacak@gmail.com

Sally said...

Great card,the stamps they are soooooo cute and just right for this theme!

Lee said...

What an amazingly adorable card!!!! I totally love that image of the turkey in the sled!!! LOL Okay, this will be my first Belli challenge......I'll work on it tonite!! :)

Janette said...

this card is so positively cute and very creative! great job

Sam said...

Cute card Chrissy!

Sam.

Michele Kovack said...

This is sooooo stinking cute! What a clever, fun card!

Leona said...

Gorgeous card here chrissy.. i love it and the colouring as usual is fabby tastic!!!

Misty said...

Such a cute card. Love the turkey!
TFS.

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious!! such a cute idea i love how you combined it all!!!!

Jessica Smith said...

This a such a great card sooo funny.

Linsey R said...

Bwahahaha! This is so very creative and tons of fun! Really delightful scene! FAbulous card, tfs!

Carla said...

This is a terrific, and amusing card, Chrissy! Your Belli challenge looks like fun, maybe I can play next week, goodness knows I have too much stuff!!