Friday, October 17, 2008

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE #69 - GOD'S GLORY

Greetings Friends -

Today is BLOGGERS CHALLENGE DAY! This weeks challenge is a Color Challenge - Old Olive, Really Rust, Riding Hood Red (white/vanilla or confetti may be used). I threw in a tiny amount of chocolate chip too...I am not very gifted with monochromatic cards. :)

This corn stalk stamp is one of my favorites. Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has one too that is FABULOUS - I REALLY WANT it, but haven't ordered 0 no particular reason why unless you count when I put my orders in my children interupt me a million times and I forget. Does that count? I guess a "MILLION" is a slight over exaggeration. LOL How does 5 times with 4 children speaking to you at once? That can hurt a person's head.

I really do need to learn to focus, don't I? I am the same way when you "talk" to me in person...I go off on little tangents. LOL

Anyways, I used the following things - I absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving because it draws our focus OFF of ME and my "WANTS" onto the real reason of the season - giving Thanks to my creator and Savior! I used my Twinkling H20's on this, so the colored image has a wonderful SHIMMER!

Here are a few more details:
Stamp Sets: God's Grace by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Cornstalk image unknown, Canvas BG
Cardstock and Ink: Basic Black Staz On, Gypsy harvest DP (My favorite!!!!), Confetti Cream, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Gypsy Harvest DP TAGS, Accessories: Twinkling H20's, paper snips, Build a brads, Prima flowers, Glue Dots, Pewter Brads, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat pack, Distressor, 1/2 inch circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, Sponge

I see the picture I took is a little hard to read - so this is what the text says:2 Corinthians 4:15, For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the Thanksgiving of many, redound to the glory of GOD.

Have a blessed day! Be sure to click on the icon to the RIGHT and look at the other Blogger Challenge participants creations. I am always in AWE of their work! If you would like ot participate, be sure to post a link to Lisa's Blog HERE.

Thank you for stopping by! Just in case I haven't told you...Your comments make me smile! :)

22 comments:

Sandy said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the cornstalk too! Great job.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is wonderful Chris. Such a nice image to go along with this color palette. Love all your special details and flowers. You did a great job with this week's challenge.

Patti Chesky said...

This is so cute. It definitely has a collage-type feel to it with all the different elements and angles. The cornstalk image is amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Chris. I love that newsprint background and all your accents too! The verse is perfect for Thanksgiving!

Anita said...

Your card is beautiful. I like how you used a tag and the flowers are neat touch.

Lorie said...

This is so, so pretty! The corn stock with pumpkins around it is so fallish...just a great image.

Connie Babbert said...

Great card and I love all the details you put into it with the felt flowers, etc. Beautiful cornstalk image, too!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! This is just stunning! Just stunning!!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! I really like the layout and your coloring is wonderful!

Kerry D-C said...

Just gorgeous, Chris!

Selene Kempton said...

I Love what you did with this challenge. I love the image and the placement. Great job!

Ida said...

Really great card. A perfect image for the season and you did a great job coloring it. Love the embellishments.

Dani said...

Fantastic job! Beautiful card! My kids always have to come bug when I'm on the computer. It's like a kid law or something! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great graphic!! you could upload this to Send Out Cards and generate beautiful cards to send out.

Kristen said...

Gorgeous..I love...Love ..Love it. Your elements are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this card, the layout, the design and style.

:) Marcia

Unknown said...

stunning , its absoluly breath taking!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Chris! Such a wonderful design and accents! :D

Lori said...

Beautiful! Your image fits the challenge colors perfectly.

Courtney said...

Ok, this is just gorgeous. And yes, I've sooo been there with the kiddos, and yes, it hurt my head reading about it! LOL!

Unknown said...

This is an awesome card! Definitely one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love all the details!