Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Sisterhood Challenge - Holiday Greetings











Yesterday was an AWESOME day of quiet time. I went to a home in a country setting on a quiet lake. So the beauty of the day was absolutely glorious. I will share in a different post another day about what I learned about myself...

I came home last night to a BIG BOX of goodies that I ordered, plus some DT things. The Design Team things were NEW stamps that will be released November 1. Can I explain to you how HARD it was not to create a project to share with those today? AHHHHHHH ---almost impossible, but I resisted the temptation.





I will be making a card with those stamps today, but will share EVERY DAY next week! Our Blog HOP starts on Monday, October 27.




Today is my Fabulous Sisterhood of Blogging Stampers Challenge Day! The challenge is a sketch challenge and now that I am posting it to my blog - I see I missed a panel and a portion. So this is my version of I do not follow directions very well. LOL

Today, I am tired of coloring my pointsettias burgundy, pink, red, etc. So I decided to go with a PURPLE POINTSETTIA. That image below was my inspiration.






This was some designer paper that was NEW and available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - called EVA from Basic Grey. It is soooo pretty! I love it!

Here are a few more details:
Stamp Sets: Christmas Pointsettia, Holiday Greetings both available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Cardstock & Ink: Black Brilliance Ink, Copics, EVA Basic Grey DP, Co'oredinations CS (also available at SNSS), Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Copics: BV02, V99, BV17, YG95, R81
I used YG95 and R81 to color the beads in the Pretties Kit to match my card...
Accessories: Stickles, Pretties Kit, Grapevine Dew Drops, Mini Glue Dots, Nestibilities, Paper Piercing tool, white ribbon colored with BV17




Thank you for looking! Be sure to check out the other Sisterhood of Blogging Stampers projects with this sketch (on the side panel). They are probably ALL better at following directions! LOL
Have a great day!



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card - love the hatpin. :)

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Looking forward to seeing all DT beautiful sneak peaks next week.

Lorie said...

What a lovely card! I love the not traditional colors!

Unknown said...

great card chrissy, love the papers and the hatpin and pearls look very classy

wendy

Unknown said...

I love the non traditional colors here! Beautiful.

Dani said...

What a beautiful and unique card!

M@risk@ said...

Thanks for leaving me such a nice comment. Beautiful card and love the hat pin on it. Have a wonderful week.

Courtney said...

Oh I love how you used the hat pin to line up the rest of the pearls. I think you followed it quite well. TFS! I can't wait to hear about your day of silence.

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Love your card Chrissy!
It is nice to use non traditional colours for a change. Love the hat pin & pearls!

Julie sbs-24

Leona said...

Love Love Love the card..... i am loving the pin you have used have you brought or made that?

Its Fab!

Leona x

Anna Banana said...

I love how you used a hat pin on the card - it's unusual and I really like how itties in the pearls on the card as well!
Anna Banana

Carla said...

The card is beautiful, even if you didn't follow the sketch exactly!! I have enjoyed looking over your blog and will be back!