Monday, October 27, 2008

Ohhhh The Weather Outside is Frightful....

But the fire inside...Delightful!

It is Monday again! This one will be a fun way to start the week, though!

Today starts the BLOG HOP!

If you are here first - be sure to go to the Sweet 'n Sassy's Blogfor another Sneak Peeks! Christi was scheduled to participate but had something happen to her computer so she is not particpating today.

This particular card, I used Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge with. The stamp comes from one of my personal designs titled "WINTER AT HOME." I am so thrilled with out it turned out and hope you will love it too!

This particular card, I colored with Copics, but I will be showing another card later this week that has NO coloring with this stamp set.

When I colored this image, I tried to shadow the walls and give the walls a "glowing" effect from the candle and fireplace using a yellow Copic and W3 and W5 to warm the room up! :)

Here are a few more details...

Stamp Set: Winter at Home available November 1 - at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Cardstock and Ink: Black Adirondack, Copics, Manchester DP, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla

Accessories: 1 3/8 Circle Punch, Lg. Oval Punch, Rounded Tab Punch, Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip marker, Cowboy Dew Drops, Stitched Chocolate Ribbon, Fibers, Felt Snowflakes

Thank you so much for stopping by! Do not forget to *HOP* on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog - also tomorrow, stop back here for another Sneak Peek AND then HOP on to Jessica & Faith's blogs. The rest of the week's schedule is on the LEFT side of the screen!

Have a great day!

Chrissy D

30 comments:

fitncrafty said...

Love it Chris. As usual! The colors are so warm and inviting!

Sandy said...

It's a VERY pretty card!!!! I Love it!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

I can just feel the coziness that your card evokes. Wonderful coloring and design Chrissy! Thanks for the chance to participate in the Blog Hop Candy. Your work is fabulous!
Blessings,
Barb Gault

Unknown said...

Love that fireside so warm and cozy! great card!

Leona said...

I love this reminds me of a true christmas in front of a log fire....

Ceal said...

oh This is delightful! I love it!

Crystal said...

This is so beautiful- I love the colors you used!

Jill Cooper said...

super cute card!

Lorie said...

This card is one of the most well put together cards I've seen. I love all the colors, textures, and accents you have on it. You da bomb diggity!

Janette said...

this so pretty! I love this set- one of my faves so kudos on desgining the stamp set and this lovely card.

Anita said...

I love your card! The fireplace looks so real. Beautiful card.

Holly said...

GORGEOUS! I love this set, Miss Chrissy!!!

kc_froglady said...

this is wonderful! I can feel the warmth radiating from the card :) Love it!

Kathy W said...

great card, so many layers to it and such cozy colors.

Michelle said...

So pretty!

stampmonkey said...

What a warm and cozy card -- I have a feeling this set is going to be darling! Beautiful job with this image! tfs

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, girl, this is such a wonderful, heartwarming image and your coloring is just perfect!!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful stamp set and card - and you colored it beautifully!

Suzy

Shelly Koskinen said...

I love your card!! This set is fabulous!!!

Little Miss Sparkle said...

I love this card Chrissy and I had to laugh out loud because I drove Donnie out today to get out of the house a bit and it was literally snowing twice here in Ohio today- YIKES!..we'll be in front of that fire before we know it! :)

Shannon

Michele Kovack said...

I really love these images! You did a great job showcasing them here!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

This card is DARLING!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful - your coloring is amazing!!
Tobi
simstt at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Makes me want to sit right down in the rocking chair.
Thanks for sharing.

Nellyne
neheath@verizon.net

Deb Wood said...

Fabulous scene, so comforting and beautiful!!

Lee said...

What a stunning and warm and cozy scene card!!!! Fabulous colors and layout!!

Debby said...

Wonderful job on creating this set Chris. Such a warm and cozy card.
Angel hugs
Debby

Beate said...

Gorgeous stamps, Chrissy! Congrats on another beautiful set. Love your coloring and the entire card.
Thanks for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Linsey R said...

what a warm and cozy creation! I love these winter scene stamps! Can't wait to get them! :) tfs

Carla said...

Wonderful card!! Are you going to draw Spring stamps, too? This set is wonderful, and I have loved looking at your creations!!