Friday, October 24, 2008

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE #70 - GIFT GIVING





This week's Challenge was to make something you would give as a gift. Immediately, I thought of this cube with COASTERS. I had an idea to have a candle in the center of it...but when it came down to it, I didn't have any pillar candles that weren't half gone already. You see...I am a burner. I burn my candles, especially in the fall and winter months!











I completed this coaster box, then had the REAL CHALLENGE of searching for a candle. I ended up taking a candle and wrapping it up to make it look "pretty." My next thing will be to buy a candle, so I can GIVE this as a gift! LOL

I used the following things for this challenge...

Stamp Sets: Holiday Greetings, Christmas Pointsettias, Jesus Is Born from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Whisper White,
Ski Slope DP, Grosgrain Ribbons,
Accessories: Christmas Buttons, BLING, Fire Brads, Primas, Copics, GLUE DOTS, Liquid Pearls Red, Nestibilities...

Thank you for stopping by! Click on the Bloggers Challenge Icon to see the other creations! I always LOVE seeing them! They give me so much inspiration!




































Have a nice weekend!


Chrissy D

25 comments:

Vicki Burns said...

These are so beautiful! Who wouldn't LOVE them to receive them?

Love the pix of your kiddos. Love your new signature, too!

Unknown said...

Great siggy and great packaging.

Sandy said...

absolutely beautiful!

Claudia Perry said...

Great box!! It puts you into the Christmas mood already :-)

Lisa Somerville said...

Great idea to use the coaster box for candles! Lovely gift idea.

Connie Babbert said...

This would make a great gift! I decorated some candles...I should make up some coaster boxes to go with them! Thanks for the idea!

Anita said...

Your box is so cute. I love all the pretty ribbons.

Lisa Bohler said...

This is darling! Love all of the embellishments and the Jesus poem! Beautiful!

Sally said...

Beautiful - love what you have done with it, and such a great idea for a gift.

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet!! I love it!!

Kathy W said...

i love how you decorated every side! nice work.

Dani said...

Great coaster box! So fun!

Love the new signature!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Oh this is lovely Chrissy!

Julie sbs-24

Nikki Bond said...

This is beyond fabulous! I'd love the receive a gift like this....gorgeous! {SMILES}

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow, I love what you have done here. The colours are perfect.

:) Marcia

Lori said...

What a great way to package a candle as a gift!

Ida said...

So pretty. I love that you included pictures of all sides of the box. Very festive and who wouldn't love it.

Carla said...

This will be a gorgeous gift, and quite frankly, I'd be thrilled to get it with a half burned candle!!

MJ said...

Love this box to hold a candle, great little gift for one of those don't know what to give for Christmas cuz I hardly know them people, lol.

Leona said...

Loving the new siggi chrissy and i am loving the boxes they are just to cute and nice aswell... hugs leona x

Kristen said...

Your candle boxes are gorgeous. I think they would make great gifts. TFS

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely wonderful! I love it! I may have to make one of those! :) Love the colors...very striking!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Your coaster boxes turned out beautifully Chris! Wonderful idea! :D

Unknown said...

Really cute Chris! Love these boxes so much!

Anonymous said...

Great coaster box, Chris! I love all the ribbon and details on each side.