Thursday, October 9, 2008

COLOR CHALLENGES & THIS WEEKS SADNESS



Does this look half way familiar? When trying that technique a few weeks ago, I had so much ink everywhere that I made a few different sheets of this and had them set aside to put together cards at different times.

This card, I made for the Splitcoast Color Challenge on Tuesday.

Here are a few details:
Stamp Set: Autumn Blessings
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Frosty Day
Ink: Versamark, Craft in same colors - except substituted Craft Old Olive
Accessories: Alpine Ribbon, Dew Drops, 3 for you punch. Iridescent Ice EP, Mini Glue Dots, Scallop punch, 1 1/4- 1 3/8 circle punch, Dimensionals, Mini Office Clips

The past few days, I have been going through a great sadness. Have you ever had something with a close friend that disappoints you or hurts you? This week, our closest friends have said some things to us that have really hurt our hearts. By our, I mean both my husband, my children and myself. While I have not spoken with my friends for a few days, we have spent a lot of time in prayer. I am sure they have too. Nothing brings you closer to GOD than a crises, right?

This morning the LORD laid it upon my heart a few Scriptures and I felt compelled to share it with you. I am confident many of you have gone through some sort of circumstance similar and wanted to encourage you to do what is right.

1 Peter 5:6-9 (New King James Version) Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

While I have not spoken on the phone with my friends the past several days, because I needed time to reflect on the situation and the hurtful words that have been said - I know the way things were said and the hurtful intent was not them, but the devil. Satan seeks to destroy the relationship, my faith in GOD and my testimony so GOD can not use me for HIS glory.

Yesterday, a good friend shared this Scripture with me as we prayed over the situation and I will make comments that pertain to my situation through out in RED.

As you read this Scripture, know that my heart hasn't been completely right either. I allowed myself to be decieved by Satan and hear only what I wanted to hear and understand.

Psalm 55 To the Chief Musician.
1 Give ear to my prayer, O God, And do not hide Yourself from my supplication.
2 Attend to me, and hear me; I am restless in my complaint, and moan noisily,
3 Because of the voice of the enemy, Because of the oppression of the wicked;
For they bring down trouble upon me, And in wrath they hate me.
I do not believe my friends are the enemy - but I believe in this situation the devil is seeking to oppress my faith and my relationship with these people.
4 My heart is severely pained within me, And the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
5 Fearfulness and trembling have come upon me, And horror has overwhelmed me.
6 So I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.
Yesterday, I said to my children, I wish I could run away! I have spent the past 2 days in tears over this situation. And I am not one who easily cries. I like to be in control.
7 Indeed, I would wander far off, And remain in the wilderness. Selah
8 I would hasten my escape From the windy storm and tempest.”
9 Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues,
For I have seen violence and strife in the city.
10 Day and night they go around it on its walls;
Iniquity and trouble are also in the midst of it.
11 Destruction is in its midst;
Oppression and deceit do not depart from its streets.
12 For it is not an enemy who reproaches me; Then I could bear it.
Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me;
Then I could hide from him.
13 But it was you, a man my equal,
My companion and my acquaintance.
14 We took sweet counsel together,
And walked to the house of God in the throng.
I know our friends do not hate us. This has just been a tool of the devil to
destroy our relationship. I find it ironic though, that in the times of David,
Satan used a friend of David's to try to discourage him. He hasn't changed
his ways over how many centuries?
15 Let death seize them; Let them go down alive into hell,
For wickedness is in their dwellings and among them.
I do not wish any ill will towards our friends. As I read that verse,
I am believing that the "them" in this verse are the devil and his angels.
16 As for me, I will call upon God,
And the LORD shall save me.
17 Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice.
18 He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
For there were many against me.
19 God will hear, and afflict them, Even He who abides from of old. Selah
Because they do not change, Therefore they do not fear God.
20 He has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him;
He has broken his covenant.
21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, But war was in his heart;
His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords.
22 Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
I love the fact that whenever I call upon the LORD, He is there. I can fully rely on Him. I know when my friends and family call upon me, as hard as I try, I can never be there at all times. The Lord is good and full of mercy and He is always here for me!
23 But You, O God, shall bring them down to the pit of destruction;
Bloodthirsty and deceitful men shall not live out half their days;
But I will trust in You. (end of Scripture)
In these Scriptures, forgive me if I have said this, but I want to reiterate
that the enemy is NOT my friends, but Satan and his angels.
As I go through today, I will forgive my friends. They have not apologized, but I know I do not need their apology to forgive them. I care about them deeply and want to fully glorify GOD in this situation. In order for my relationship to progress for GOD's glory, we need restoration. God does not want us to end our friendship. What good would that do for His kingdom and for His glory? I will not allow the enemy to destroy and devour my relationship nor the testimony nor my faith.
Psalm 86:5 (New King James Version), Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
5 For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.
If GOD can forgive me for all of the wrong doings I do - who am I to not forgive others who trespass against me?
Thank you for reading and praying. Be blessed and have good day.

13 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, Chris! I guess I didn't realize how hurt you were. I'm so sorry about this but I know that you are allowing God to work through this situation. Much love and hugs to you and your family!

Anita said...

Chris, Thanks for sharing these beautiful scripture verses. I am glad that the Lord has answered your prayers.

Vicki said...

Claim victory now! Even if you cannot forgive them on your own, God can give you what you need to forgive them. Realizing that it is Satan is half the battle. Be patient, God will work this out to His glory in His timing. God Bless you - hugs
www.sullyscrapandstamp.blogspot.com

Christi Flores said...

I am so sorry that you're going through all of this Chris but there is a reason for everything and I know that you are doing the Lord's will by seeking Him in this situaion. I will continue to pray for you, my friend.

Betty Townsend said...

Thank you Chris for your testimony and these scriptures. They certainly blessed my heart as I too am going through some trials of my own. I have found it difficult to call on the Lord as I know I should. I have no idea how or if my situation will be resolved, however, I do have the assurance that God hears our cries and in His time, will take care of the pain. Your prayers and others of this group will be so greatly appreciated. Should you care to respond, please do so to my personal email bettytownsend@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Blessings, Betty Townsend

Unknown said...

Wonderful job! I wish had had these before me a year ago when I had issues with a friend of mine!

Unknown said...

Chris - I'm so sorry for all you are going through with your friends. I've been there, I know how you feel. On a much lighter note, I did get my Autumn Blessings set and have made a card with it already, but am holding off on posting it for a few days while I get some other things up. ((hugs)). This card is beautiful too!

Vicki Burns said...

Daily I realize that His grace abounds~and that lets me hang on and work through everything!

Kathy W said...

cyber hugs {}, time, thought and distance sometimes helps- you can't alway rationalize why some people act they way they do.

on a better note, the card is gorgeous!

Joan Ervin said...

My God wrap his arms around you and give you joy and peace in the days to come!! Hugs to you and your family, Chrissy!!!

Leona said...

Oh dear chris still sending you hugs didnt realise how much you were hurting i am thinking of you in my prayers love the cad btw another fabby ones of yours with great colouring!

HUgs Leona x

Kerry D-C said...

first, Beautiful card...as always.

I am so sorry that you are feeling so sad hurt by your friends. It always stings the most when people we truly care about disappoint or hurt us. I am glad that you are finding the comfort you need in scripture. I hope that you will be able to work through this situation and remain friends.
(((hugs)))

Little Miss Sparkle said...

Chrissy...
Prayers that you will be able to sort through what God is teaching you in this difficult time... you are leaning on the one true friend that we have on this side of heaven and He will not let you down, nor ever forsake you!

Hugs across the states,

Shannon